Tonight is the quarterfinal round of the Metro Summer Basketball League at Omaha Central. There are 3 teams left with Jays that are playing.
- 6:30–State Farm (Kaleb Korver, Antoine Young, Casey Harriman) vs. UNK--This should be a good game as UNK has a great player in Drake Beranek and Antoine Young has been fun to watch this summer. Hard to know if any of the other Jays will be there at this game as Casey hasn’t been playing since week 1 and Kaleb Korver has been off and on. Who knows, maybe Kyle Korver will be around since he will be in town on Saturday.
- 8:30–PCS Phosphate (P’Allen Stinnett, Kenton Walker) vs. Narmi Group (Josh Dotzler, Justin Carter, Chad Millard)–I’m only expecting P’Allen to play tonight because Kenton has been injured all summer, Josh hasn’t played, Justin hasn’t been in Omaha yet and I’m not even sure if Chad has played this summer in the league. Who knows maybe another surprise tonight.
In other news from a Kevin Sarver update:
- Kyle Korver will be at Scheels this Saturday, August 2nd, from 10-noon to sign autographs. It is a free event and open to the public.
- Speaking of Kyle-The Kyle Korver Foundation has scheduled a charity golf event at Shadow Ridge Golf Club on Friday, September 12. Any Creighton fan interested in learning more about the event should contact Mark Burgers (605-690-6152,email@example.com) or Mike Potthoff (402-981-3310, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Those that are headed to Vegas for the Las Vegas Classic that the Jays are taking part in on December 22nd and 23rd can get a limited number of all-session tickets from the CU Athletic office for $123. Call the Jays ticket office at 402-280-JAYS or e-mail email@example.com for more info.
Word is that the schedule is supposed to be released around Labor Day so we only have about a month more to speculate who the last teams are on the schedule. Probably not that exciting, but will wait and see.