The season is drawing nearer as a lot of little tidbits of news are out there for those interested:
- Season Tickets are in the mail. It looks like season ticket holders are receiving their tickets already. This seems like the earliest the season tickets have come out for a few years. At least there aren’t any hurricanes to worry about delaying the tickets this year :) Remember, if you would like season tickets, you can call the ticket office at 280-JAYS to see what is available or attend the Jay’s open house practice at the Qwest Center on October 28th and “pick your seat”
- IH8SIU over at the Bluejay Cafe spent some time compiling when single game tickets for the Creighton road games would be on sale. Here are the dates.
Tues, Nov. 25 — Arkansas Little Rock — 1st week in Nov.
Sat. Nov. 29 — UNL — Oct. 30
Sat. Dec. 6 — St. Joe’s — 1st week in Nov.
Wed. Dec. 31 (Who doesn’t want to spend their new year’s eve in Terre Haute?) — Indiana State — Oct. 17
Sat. Jan. 3 — Illinois State — Nov. 3
Sat. Jan. 10 — Bradley — Nov. 3
Sat. Jan. 17 — Wichita State — SOLD OUT
Tues. Jan. 20 — Evansville — Oct. 13
Wed. Feb. 4 — Drake — Couple weeks prior to the game
Sun. Feb. 8 — Northern Iowa — November
Sat. Feb. 14 — Southern Illinois — WEDNESDAY Oct. 8
Tues. Feb. 24 — Missouri State — 2 weeks prior to game
- The 2008-09 Media Guide is now available. You can get physical copies of the Media Guide for $10 or you can get the online media guide for free.
- I will have to admit, the Omaha World Herald has ramped up it’s coverage of the Jays over the past few weeks and doing some player stories. Justin Carter kicked things off and Chad Millard was featured. The latest is on fan favorite Dustin Sitzmann. The drive and dedication of the Senior walk-on has landed him on the Media Guide cover and on the different season tickets.
- Former Jay, Nate Funk is now playing in the Turkish Basketball League for the Erdemirspor team.
- We are still waiting on finalized TV Schedules for the Jays with the Valley releasing it’s TV schedule along with the local Action3News schedule. While waiting for the league office to release and officially announce the TV Schedule secured for the Valley this year, some of the Valley schools have been gradually adding the TV games to their online schedules. Also, I have talked with the St. Joseph’s athletic office and it sounds like they are in the process of securing TV coverage for that game with a Philly station. It sounds like it will be an afternoon game. Depending on the situation, there is probably a good chance the TV coverage might be able to be beamed back to Omaha so Jay’s fans can see the game in Omaha on Cox similar to the Drexel game last year. I am still compiling the list of Valley teams on TV and the Jays Non-Conference opponents TV schedules for those that are interested.