A few news items of interest:
- The latest weekly recaps/previews of the MVC and the Big 12 have been posted on Rush the Court. There is some nice news related stuff on those that might be of interest.
- Valley fans will be happy to know that former Creighton graduate and former Illinois St. coach Porter Moser is doing just fine as an assistant with St. Louis. He just bought a $1 Million house.
- Maybe the UMKC Kangaroos would be a good fit for the Valley as they have beat two valley teams for their first two wins this season.
- Creighton opponent Dayton must not be a believer in diversity as they received F’s for their hiring of minorities, but at least they admit they deserved the F.
- New Mexico is really struggling right now. Alford is looking for leadership. Apparently they are not getting any after blowing lead in their season opener against the Jays and going 0-2 in Cancun including losing to another Valley team in Drake. The win against the Lobos isn’t looking as good anymore at this point.
- The Arkansas-Little Rock athletic director was thanking the fans for their support after the way the crowd was when Creighton visited last week. I guess now if they can sustain it is the question. It is interesting to see what the former Creighton associate AD has been able to do with this school.