Tuesday, January 27th, 7PM
Qwest Center Omaha
Creighton Game Notes | Indiana St. Game Notes
The Jays are trying to rebound from a cold shooting performance and lack of effort Saturday against Drake. Of course it is another matchup against coaching friends and coaching partners in Coach Altman and Coach McKenna. In most instances, the Jays have been able to come out with a much better performance after a performance like Saturday. But, I am not in a prediction kind of mood at this point. It isn’t worth the time and effort. However, I am a bit superstitious. Obviously the home court has not been nice to the fans and to the Bluejays as of late. As fans we need to look to see what we can change up to try and get things going again. We can’t put the ball in the basket, so we do what we can control. So it is time to change things up. Here are the things I would like to see different in Tuesday’s game:
- Instead of stopping the clock before the game starts at 14.3 seconds, I think it needs to be 10.8 in honor of the 108 days since practice started and where we are at in the season.
- When the starting lineups are announced, what do you think it would be like to see the whole Qwest Center do the newspaper thing that the student section does? In the past few games I have noticed a couple sections around the student section and “The Perch” taking part. It is time for others in other sections to get their section to take part. As long as the OWH is nice enough to hand us papers, it looks good flying through the air.
- A plea to Qwest Center Video and Sound people—TURN UP THE VOLUME……Some of the advertisements are louder than the Tunnel Walk video, tip off video and timeouts.
- I think it is time for the return of the Under Armor video on “Protecting This House.” I think the Jays players need that pleasant reminder.
- Can we get pyros or fireworks in the Qwest Center like they had at the Civic the final season?
- Have no one touch the game ball except for the World Herald ball kid. The scoring table needs to keep their hands off of it.
- Have the fans that really want to be there show up. Nay-sayers can stay at home. They can watch it on TV or online for free. It is on Nebraska Public Television.
- I hope to see players diving on the floor for loose balls and defensive pressure picked up. Better 3-point percentage. Can’t be too hard to get that, right?
- Kevin McKenna not wearing a sweater vest. The 80’s have called and want their wardrobe back. Oh, I guess we don’t have control of that.
- Choose #2 for the Bowling Party game.
- A former Bluejay sighting on the Big Screen. There has to be at least one former Jays player sitting in the stands that could get the crowd a little excited.
- I’d like to see the Jays Dancers put their hair down. Now that would be hot.
- What happened to Dancing Grandpa? Maybe I have missed it, but I don’t think I have even seen him this season.
- Get a guy out there that can actually putt and get the ball in the Borsheim’s gift box.
- Referees that don’t decide the game.
- A win so that the Bluejay Cafe can calm down.
- A good night of sleep.
What am I forgetting?
Oh well, this was kind of fun. The Jays will go home winners Tuesday night—They have to. I just won’t predict how much. I’d be wrong. I’m still a supporter and will be. I’m not ready to give up my tickets