I figured today as I recap the Bluejay Banter radio show from yesterday, I would also throw in some links of interest in a little Around the Rim.
Bluejay Banter recap
- A nice interview with Lance Wilkerson from Evansville TV and Radio. I nice preview of the incoming players for the Purple Aces squad and their chances for next season.
- Later in the show, Mary Simmons from Evansville took some time from a father/son camp to talk. Very entertaining.
- A great interview with Creighton Athletic Director Bruce Rasmussen. In the interview it appears within the next couple of seasons there is a good possibility of a home-home matchup with Vanderbilt and LSU. There is also one game left to schedule for the Jays this season which is expected as Coach Altman likes to hold one game late to see if a high level team needs to fill a game late. If necessary the Jays will go on the road for this game this season depending on the opponent available. (With the Jays also already bringing back St. Joesph’s in 2010-11, the home schedule that season is starting to look quite favorable in 2010-11) Also a lot of great info with the new Ryan Center and the new baseball stadium stuff.
Around the Rim
- Northern Iowa’s Lucas O’Rear has decided to stay at UNI for this upcoming season. Very interesting the different scenario’s presented to him and UNI keeping him from going to another Valley school for baseball.
- Gregggg Marshall seems to be pretty happy with what he as built and Wichita may be interesting for the next couple of seasons.
- Summer workouts–with the Jays not in Summer League this season, the Jays are having their own private summer workouts, so it is hard to know how they are looking and I don’t know if media types or others are let in to see them play some pickup games. However some have had looks at other teams. See New Mexico (who the Jays play at The Pit this season) and Wichita St.
- This was just funny to me. See what the University of Iowa is doing to provide incentives for students to attend athletic events. Lunchboxes and stickers? Is this junior high?
- The Jay’s odds to win the 2010 NCAA tournament? Vegas has their say.
- Coaches Twittering…Jim Les and Chris Lowery do it. Marty Simmons might be next to join the Valley coaches who Twitter. Any Creighton coaches?
Also, Booker Woodfox did not get drafted last week in the NBA draft. Anyone know where he is headed for Summer League? I would imagine he will get a shot on some NBA Summer League team. Also Kyle Korver has until tomorrow to decide if he is staying in Utah or not. Things I have heard say he is leaning toward staying. Should be interesting.